Gender Equality in the Arctic II
Iceland, Sweden, Finland, AIA, Saami Council
A continuing project from the U.S. Chairmanship (2015-2017)
Target Completion Date:
This project builds on earlier gender work undertaken by the SDWG since 2002 (Taking Wing Conference (2002); Women’s Participation in Decision-making Processes in Arctic Fisheries Resource Management (2004); Arctic Human Development Report 1 (2004); Women and Natural Resource Management in the Rural North (2006); Gender Equality in the Arctic (2014)). The aim of the project is to establish a circumpolar cooperation network of experts that could, in close cooperation with all relevant stakeholders, continue to address the current realities and future challenges in this field for the benefit of the Arctic communities and residents.
Anticipated May/June 2018
- Gender Equality in the Arctic (2014)
- Women and Natural Resource Management in the Rural North (2006)
- Arctic Human Development Report 2 (2015)
- Arctic Human Development Report 1 (2004)
- Women’s Participation in Decision-making Processes in Arctic Fisheries Resource Management (2004)
- Anticipated May/June 2018
- A panel on “Agenda 2030 and Gender Equality in the Arctic” will be organized during the UArctic Congress on 05 September 2018 in Oulu, Finland. This event will take place at the University of Oulu from 10:30 AM to 12:00 noon as part of Finland’s contribution to the Gender Equality project in SDWG. Click here for more information about the UArctic Congress.
- On September 6th and 7th, the University of Helsinki will host a non-academic side event, “Women of the Arctic: Bridging Policy, Research, and Lived Experience”, as a part of the UArctic Congress 2018.